Despite diversity catching the attention of HR professionals for several years, its presence has never been as prominent. Diversity was one of the top workplace trends of 2020 as companies reinvented ways to bring diversity to their workplace remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic. Here are 7 key reasons you should consider diversifying your workplace:
1) Diversity attracts top talent as 67% of job seekers say a diverse workforce is important when considering a job offer. Creating a strong brand reputation turns the company into a desirable place to work.
2) The opportunity to gain a variety of perspectives from employees with diverse backgrounds. Having different perspectives in your workplace allows you to have a far wider reach as an organization.
3) Increased creativity allows for increased collaboration between different individuals that spark innovation and fresh ideas.
4) Employees who feel appreciated become more engaged and higher engagement produces higher quality work, creating a more enjoyable and productive work environment.
5) Inclusive companies are more likely to lead and capture new market opportunities. Approximately 70% of diverse workplaces or in a stronger position to capture new market opportunities.
6) 43% of companies with diverse management exhibit higher profits.
7) Diverse teams are 87% better decision-makers than individuals.
A diverse workforce demonstrates that as a company you care about your employees and what each individual brings to the table. Instilling diversity and inclusion policies into your workplace expands your talent pool, increases employee engagement and in turn, produces stronger performance while acquiring incredibly diverse skills and perspectives along the way.